<VV> Manifold

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon May 8 02:48:12 EDT 2006

At 01:57 hours 05/07/2006, Padgett wrote:
>I have a single center carb manifold labeled "Induction Engineering"
>for a two carb engine that seems to have a WCFB (small four
>barrel)  bolt pattern and very small throttle plate openings - a 500
>cfm AFB requires an adapter for the secondaries to open.

IECO intake.  I had one.   Nicely made piece.

It mounts a Rochester 4-Jet, same pattern as the Will Carter carb,
also early AFBs only the AFB is shorter and the butterflies sit
closer to the base and get in the way of the intake mount pad.   The
WCFB is like the Rochester, tall carb and the butterflies aren't so
close to the pad.  You might have some trouble finding a 4-Jet or
WCFB in good shape though... ;)

>Could someone suggest a good (and preferably inexpensive/common)
>carb in the 250-400 cfm range to use with this unit  on a 95/110 ?
>Would not mind one that needs rebuilding so long as complete and and
>can be taken apart without a torch or hammer.

You might wanna haunt Ebay for a decent 4-Jet.   They tune about the
same way an AFB is tuned.   You can play with metering rods and
springs and tweak it until you're satisfied...  may take a while
unless you get lucky.   Most of the issues seem to revolve around not
enough carb heat to make a 4-Jet work like it's used to working
although in summer running once it's warmed up it seemed to do OK.