<VV>Cheap Gaz

Cepak, Tom A tom.a.cepak at lmco.com
Mon May 8 09:36:15 EDT 2006

I've had my '63 vert since March of '05.  I've read over the past year
how many have been running premium to keep your vairs from pinging, but
I didn't think about it much.  I guess I have an anomolous vehicle.
I've never have run anything but 87 octane and I haven't had any
knocking or pinging.  Living in Fort Worth Texas, with summer
temporatures from the mid 90s to around 105, from reading your posts I'd
have expected heat related problems.  From checking the numbers on my
engine and heads, I have a 102hp engine that has the 9:1 compression
ratio.  I had Wolf Enterprizes rebuild my carberators with 52 jets.  I
never removed the lower shrouds.  Maybe there are other factors envolved
as well.  It has a 4-speed with a 3.89 diff., and the tires are WAY too
small.  I believe they are 165/??/13s.

I haven't filled up yet with the new fuel mix (may contain up to 10%
ethonal), so it will be interesting to see how this effects the engines
performance.

Tom