<VV> Trailering / Tie-down

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue May 9 13:06:41 EDT 2006

Well when we towed mine we used heavy nylong straps and strapped around the lower control arms in the rear, near the outer end and around the lower A-arms in the the front.  Since then it was pointed out to me by a tow truck driver that the Corvair (and other chevys) have little holes in the "frames" near the front wheels where you can put hooks in to tie them down.  Make sure to get the tongue weight right  or there may be trouble.  Mine worked a LOT better when we put the rear end forward on the trailer.

mike

Here's a question for you "been there - done that" "experts".
     I'm about to take a trip to pick up a new (to me) 'Vair.  What is
the best way to tie-down a late model onto a trailer?
<snip>.
 Phil Raker