<VV> Turbo engine removal

Guus de Haan corvair at corvair.nl
Wed May 10 01:54:56 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestions on removal without taking the carb/turbo
off. That scissor lift of harbour freight looks good. I'll check
around if I can something similar overhere. Otherwise the shipping
cost would be to high I guess.

There's a big difference between the US and Holland as automotive
stuff is concerned. The US market is simply that much bigger so a
company can make a living. Last saturday I went to two automotive
stores to see what kind of timing lights they had (my old one is a
bit unreliable). I was done quickly, they had none! With modern cars
needing much less maintenance, these shops have all shifted to audio
and wash and shine stuff it seems. Of course I can get a new one, but
not in the regular shops anymore. The Times They Are A-Chanin' (B.
Dylan ;-)

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Turbo-Charged Cvt.