<VV> re:Trailering/Tiedown

Andrew Allen andyman260 at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 09:01:00 EDT 2006

Towed my LM from Chicago to Vermont near Albany, NY.
Rented U-Haul auto trailer with tandem axles and
barkes. Car backwards for tongue weight, 6 ratchet tie
down straps, two looped though center of front
crossmember, two with axle straps aroung half shafts
and two around lower control arms. Trailer came with
tire webbing so I used those too. Checked everything
at every gas stop and drove through several really bad
thunderstorms. No problems. Used my 5.4L Expedition as
tow vehicle.

Be Careful!

Andy
'66 A/C Corsa