<VV> RE: Semantics, little corvair

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Wed May 10 15:20:20 EDT 2006

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

And, Lonzo, how do you feel about those who announce they have to go to the
"bathroom'" rather than the "restroom" while at a public facility?...do they

plan to take a bath?...is there a bathing facility in there I'm not aware
of? ...And, what about those who still haven't sorted out the difference
between 'sell' and 'sale'?...as in "I plan to sale this next month"...at
least they don't "Plan to sail it next month"... Pity the poor illegal
immigrant trying to learn our language.

Will Smith, "The Fresh Prince of Corvair"
Allen, TX

What makes "restroom" any more accurate?  Sounds like you're going to lie
down and take a nap, not take a .....   Never heard the "plan to sale this
next month" one.  Guess the only confusion would be if they're talking a
about a boat.  Then are the selling it, or going on a trip?

Call it harmonic balancer/pulley seal and output shaft seal  or the seal at
the bell housing end.  That way you won't get confused with front and rear.
Heck if I turn everything around for a mid-engine setup, front and rear
seals can be right and wrong at the same time.

Steve Marti