<VV> "Sweet Ride"

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Wed May 10 19:14:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

Well today was my first Corvair drive for this year and the longest drive
since I got the car on the road last year after a 15 year or so restoration.

It was about 100 km (60 miles for our southern cousins) and an easy 60 mph
cruise. It felt good, especially watching the "rubberneckers" as I drove
along the highway!

An interesting thing happened when I parked the car. 4 teenagers rolled up
to it on scoreboards so I went over to see if they had any questions. Well,
you know you are getting old when you really can't understand the jargon
used today but I did hear "sweeeet" and "sweeet ride" several times so I
guess that's good!

I still don't think they believed me when I said it was a Chevy preferring
to think it was some sort of exotic car (which I guess it might be to a
teenager?)

Whatever! It just felt good to get it on the road!

Bob

66 180 convertible