<VV> Correction Re: Gas Mileage

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu May 11 12:22:57 EDT 2006

V V ers,
    Of course Bob is correct!  It  was PUMP octane that I should have
referred to with my octane  numbers.  Pump octane (the octane number posted on the
gas pump) is  actually the AVERAGE of the research number octane (RON) and the
motor octane  number ((MON).  The the pump number is = (RON + MON) / 2.  This
comes  from the two different methods used to measure octane, one is the
research number and the other is the motor number.  So the number you  see on the
pump is the average of those two methods.
    Thanks Bob for giving me a much needed  correction.
    Frank "brain ahead of fingers" Burkhard