<VV> Key Blanks

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu May 11 15:17:54 EDT 2006

The reason why you haven't (and probably won't, at least with GM keys)
find a '69-later blank with anything but rectangle/oval heads is because
that's the first year that ALL GM keys went to the larger style head,
presumably for use with the column-mounted ignition switch. I HAVE seen
aftermarket keys with a variety of early/later head combinations.

The "A-B" etc. keys started in '67 and repeated the four-set cycles
every four years. Then starting in '83 they repeated each set every four
years instead of every year. It's been nuts trying to keep up ever
since, especially with the new styles of keys many new cars have
nowadays.

Now if only the vintage replacement key makers would STOP punching out
the "knock-out" plug BEFORE you buy it. GGRRRrrrrr......

-Mark (key maniac)