<VV> Dead cylinder

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 12 18:09:53 EDT 2006

Real zero compression means you have a big hole or no valve action.
Is air pumping in and out of the spark plug hole?  I'd expect that if a
valve wasn't moving.

If the lifter was collapsed, you should have major clicking noises.
If you have a dropped valve seat I'd expect a loud tick also.

Run the engine with the valve cover off and see if the valves are going up
and down like the adjacent cylinders.
If all that looks right, you have a broken (or holed) piston or valve head.
If you have an air compressor, try blowing air into the spark plug hole and
seeing where the air or hissing noise comes out.  Valves?  Block?

Roger