<VV> Ray; the ride home from Pocono (no corvair)

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Fri May 12 19:37:24 EDT 2006

Greetings,

     For those of you who don't already know I sprung a leak in a headgasket at the track today (hence the antifreeze boiling out of the car early in the day, and me running back and forth filling the radiator with a little water bottle).  I figure this is what I get for bringing a water pumper along.

     Around 3:30 I decided to begin the 40 mile trek home and see if I could make it.  The car was running alright, but the exhaust was white steam.  Jess and I loaded up the car with about 30 water bottles we found in the garbage and started the journey.  About 10 minutes out Jessica mentioned that I could try some stop leak to help with the gasket problem.  We found an auto parts store, bought some heavy duty Bars Stop Leak, put it in, filled the radiator up and continued on our way.

     We did make it to the house, and when I got out of the car and looked the exhaust was no longer steaming.  After the car cooled I popped the radiator cap and found that the radiator was only about a pint low.  I topped it off and all seems well.  I guess this stuff isnt totally useless after all.  If only I knew how long it would last.....

Ray Rodriguez

Coldwell Banker Lifestyles Realty
(800)853-8171 ext.27 Toll Free
(570)698-0700 ext.27 Business