<VV>Transistor Radios

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 13 00:28:02 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if this adds much to the conversation as I don't know a great
deal about radios.  I do recall that we (parents) owned a '60 Bonneville
which had (must have been transistor) a radio which - the center portion -
would slide out of the dash.  You could then have tunes with you at the
beach or picnic - whatever.  In the '60s the radios (most) and the Rock and
Roll was all on AM.  The classical stuff was on FM and is probably at least
one of the reasons FM radios from that era and not readily available.

And, we also had - prior to the Pontiac - both a '55 and '57 Buick.  One of
them had that "wonder bar" (equivalent to "seek" or "scan" on today's
radios) - I think it was the '57.

Later, JR