<VV> Exhaust manifold studs

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sat May 13 02:18:10 EDT 2006

The force on the nut tends to bend the studs outward when they are
torqued down on installation when they were new.  If you look, almost
always the studs are splayed apart slightly.  Use an adjustable wrench
(wont hurt the threads) to bend the studs closer together so they are
parallel again.
HTH
Geoff Johnson