<VV> RE; turbo carb update

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun May 14 02:21:05 EDT 2006

Original message - ".  We pulled the crossover, turbo and carb and found two problems. The first was that the gasket between the turbo base and inlet pipe was
pretty much shot.  From what I see now, these appear to be pretty much a
one-shot type of deal, since I had only driven the car about 500 miles
before I pulled the turbo. ......The second problem is that I had forgotten to tighten the crossover bolts on the left side all the way.  Doh! So we got that all tightened up and the car now runs surprisingly well.  "

I test exhaust systems by clamping a shop rag or thick leather glove over the exhaust outlet.  If I can stop an idling engine in a minute or 2 I figure it's a good tight job. Any leaks are often revealed by teakettle whistle and spitting condensation.

--
Dan Timberlake