<VV> Found 2 more

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun May 14 23:49:19 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I took Cheryl and the kids out for dinner this evening and afterwards I
wanted to check out something someone had told me several months back, about a
guy having a white Corvair at a small car lot... so I took a little detour and
found the lot... this guy has LOTS of stuff, and most of it needs a lot of
work... he had a 49 Buick Super that looked complete, and beside it a 40s
Pontiac "Silver Streak 8" missing engine, powertrain and grille.... a really  cool
looking Dodge, unsure of year, but late 50s or early 60s... and then there
was the white Corvair... I could see right away it was a 65 Monza... appeared to
 have tinted glass all around, and once I got to the door I saw it had a 4
spd  and A/C!.... I went to the back to check out the engine, and there's a 110
engine with all the A/C stuff hooked up... looked great, and the VIN told me
it  was a Los Angeles car... interior was blue, just like my 69... Cheryl was
looking at it with me when one of the girls hollered out the window "Daddy,
if  you buy it you'll have TWINS!"... and Cheryl gave her a disapproving
look...  then I looked over the car we had driven in (Cheryl's Buick) and what do I
see?  ANOTHER WHITE 65 CORVAIR! I walked over to the "other" 65, and found it
had  black interior, automatic tranny and a 140 engine in the back...
I have no other info on these cars, but they're just 20 miles away, and I
plan on checking them out some more when the guy who runs the shop shows  up...
Of course I'll drive up in the white 69....
I'll let y'all know what I find out.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg
1969 Monza  110/pg

and I doubt there's room for two more...