<VV> Re: [VV-talk] Moonshine for SUVs!

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue May 16 12:53:12 EDT 2006

At 06:24 hours 05/15/2006, airvair wrote:
>Did anyone see Primetime on May 7th? There was a guy that had developed
>a method that, using Prairie grass, he could make 10 times the biofuel
>energy that could be made from corn. He claimed that he could fuel cars
>for less that $1.00/gallon.
>
>Regardless, as you point out, corn ethanol is an energy sink. Not really
>worth using, or even investing the time or $ in it, IMHO.

There are flocks of people about 30 miles south of my location who
would quickly take issue with that statement.   They pay for some
pretty serious pickup trucks and real property with profits made from
corn alcohol.

Roanoke VA is about 30 miles north of the heart of Franklin County
VA, the moonshine capital of America.

And yes, the stuff *will* burn if you light it.   It also will thin
shellac nicely and remove some brands of fingernail polish, according
to my sister.     I've not tried any of the stuff in motor fuels though.

tony..