<VV> Prices for Track Events

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue May 16 14:03:06 EDT 2006

The Corvair community is very lucky to have several economical track events each year to choose from.  We have been having Racers' Reunions, which is a fancy name for Corvair enthusiasts, most who do not race or autocross, but want to have fun on a race track, to get together and socialize, etc.  NECC has about three events a year and this year, has Mosport, Canada,  while another Corvair event, the Yenko 40th Anniversary Celebration is at Nelson Ledges in OH on the same weekend before the National Convention in Buffalo.

I rec'd the HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) flyer for "Heroes of Speed" this August 2-5 at Miller Motorsports Park- a new 4.5 mi track in Salt Lake City, UT more or less. This is a three day racing weekend for vintage cars.

Let me quote the prices for Thurs thru Saturday:

Entry-Alll must enter except GTP/WSC  - Non Member $525 /Member $495
GTP/WSC Entry $795
Endurance Challenge   $225/195
Test day(Wed)  $300/275
Garage $250 per car
Late Entry Fee $50
Transponders are typically $75 rental
Prices do include a party one night.

And we Corvair folks have a Day at the Track at the Yenko 40th Anniversary Celabration at Nelson Ledges doing Time Trials for $200 w/ transponder.

Ya'll better come and enjoy friendly faces while you try it out, while we can keep the prices down...

Chuck S
BBRT