<VV> 140 Head work - Need top quality machinist

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Tue May 16 19:21:49 EDT 2006

> I need your varied opinions on who you feel is recognized as the best 140
> head rebuilder out there.

I don't believe there are many folks around who did this several times,
so most of us have no direct experiences for comparison.
Then I believe that the Corvair community itself, included the Corvair
vendors and most of the known repair experts are really a big family, who
do not compete for being the best, but they provide honest and best effort
work for the rest.

> PLEASE, in respect to the MANY good Corvair rebuilders out there,

Yes, this is my point. There are quite a few them who are above a certain
level, and I can not see a metrics how to determine who is the best.
They may use different techniques to avoid future valve seat dropping,
which maybe have price/longevity tags attached, but differences are probably
small, who defines what is best? Anyway IMHO such a technical discussion
would provide more insight how to proceed.

  Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl  Karlsruhe, Germany  http://corvair.de  Skype: dl5sbs
CORSA - Swiss Corvair Club       1961 Rampside        ULTRA EuroRep