<VV> Screwed

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Tue May 16 23:54:40 EDT 2006

Silly Americans.....

ROBERSTON SCREWS!  Only way to go.

Regards,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org]On Behalf Of airvair
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:31 PM
To: Mike
Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Screwed

Best screw I've found to put on the rear grill of a LM is the "deepwell"
sheet metal screw that uses a 1/4" socket driver. It's commonly found on
the heater control cables and often used to hold the perimeter seal onto
the body. With the deepwell head, it doesn't fall off your socket as you
fish around for the holes that are "somewhere up there" in the middle of
the car.

Sure wish I could buy those screws in bulk.

-Mark

Mike wrote:

> What size screws/bolts are used to secure the rear grill of a Late Model?
> (This is the grill that goes down below the bumper and covers the
> bottom/back of the engine - it has 2 slotted grills in it...
>
> I'd like to put this thing back on!
>
> Mike in Atlanta
> Driving a Corvair again!  Whoo hoo!
> LM 140/PG "Arty Blue"