<VV> greenbrier question

Rad Davis rad.davis at comcast.net
Wed May 17 22:49:21 EDT 2006

Yup.  Your friendly corvair vendors have standard class 1 hitches available
that bolt to the bumper.  There were (more elaborate) class 2 and 3 hitches
made, but I don't know if any is still available new.

As for suitability, I was towing a trailer with my Greenbrier last
weekend.  It does very well.  Probably the most I've pulled was about 1500
lb.  Properly equipped and prepared, they'll tow up to hitch class capacity
about as well as anything else, though rather slowly uphill with a heavy
load.  Brakes can be exciting with more than about 1000 lbs behind
you.  Consider a shoe upgrade to a high temperature tolerant material.  My
rule of thumb was always to load the van first, then put things in the
trailer.  A heavy tow vehicle is a stable tow vehicle, especially when it
has positive rear wheel camber when unloaded.

I'd have to say that Ken Hand is probably "the" expert at towing with a
forward-control corvair, but there are plenty of other folks around here
(like my father) who have done a lot of it.