<VV> Window Crank Spline

Scott Candish scandish at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 20 20:54:33 EDT 2006

Need ideas for removing window crank. I'm pulling off the interior door panels to replace with new redone panels. All the door handles & crank handles came off w/o problems using the clip pushing tool.....except the passenger door. Window crank had no clip present & I believe the previous owner has lok-tited the spline on the crank. No amount of wiggling, rocking, gentle prying will budge it. I have encountered lok-tite on the steering shaft to the Grant wheel hub and it looks like the expedient has resurfaced. I don't want to drill out the center of the crank to use a gear puller but it looks like this may be in the cards if I want to get these new door panels on. TIA

  Scott
  '65 Corsa 180
  UNSAYF