<VV> Carb Problem

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun May 21 13:30:28 EDT 2006

Smitty says:  I had some input from a couple of people that requirs answers even if they mean nothing to me.  First of all, I swapped carbs and the problem stayed on the right side.  So, it is not a carb problem.  I ran the compression check again and I have 122 to 125 on all cyls.  I measured vacuum and at the lowest speed I could get the engine to run I was reading 10-12 on both sides with the right side being the lower.  Using my little squeeze spritz bottle that shoots a needle jet of gas I spritzed both sides while holding the throttle at the minimum speed it would run.  It picks up speed on both sides equally.
  So the carb swap says "engine problem".  My question to that is, if there is air flow and vacuum why isn't a "good carb" giving up its fuel ?  This is more puzzling in view of the engines response to spritzing fuel in that side.  THIS AIN'T NO FUN ANY MORE.  Yeah I know I was hollering.  gg
  Crunch time is here on getting this thing (primary transportation and camper hauler) out of the garage so I can get Spike ready for NL is NOW.