<VV> OIL PRESSURE

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Mon May 22 14:34:32 EDT 2006

_HallGrenn at aol.com_ (mailto:HallGrenn at aol.com)  writes:

What is  the experience of other VVers with crankcase wear at the cam bearing

area?  With age and high mileage when can one expect to have an out  of
tolerance crankcase (or half)?

Bob,
I've built at least 100 Corvair engines in the last 30+ years and as memory
serves me, in all of those engines I've only had to reject one block for cam
bearing wear.  And that was an engine from a dune buggy that had eaten a  lot
of sand.  I think the cam bearing areas wear so well is because the cam  is
being pushed from two sides only and equally which reduces the pressure on  the
cam bearing areas and the cam gets a good deal of oil pumped into that  area.
IMHO

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair  Club