<VV> 1969 DashPad

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 13:53:40 EDT 2006

Hey Joe,

  It is a bit of work, but you can do a recover in a short afternoon.
  If you are as much as half my size, it helps to take out the front seat(s) to give you more room. You have to be able to lay on the floor and work straight up.
  Remove the glove box liner, ashtray and radio. Remove the screws and speedo cable housing and pull the bezel forward.  This all sounds like a lot of work, but it is the only way you'll reach all of the nuts (I seem to remember needing a 5/16 socket) holding the dash pad on.  This is also the perfect time to drop the speaker and inspect/replace it if you need to, as you already have done everything to lay it bare.
  If you are recovering it, make sure you follow the advice for filling cracks in the old pad. Also, get a heat gun for when you recover it. This helps with the stretch-and-stick recover. The '68-'69 pads are thicker and take a considerable effort to make them look right, but take your time and you'll have good results.

  Chuck Kubin

Taruffi57 at aol.com wrote:
  Can someone advise me (off list) as to removing my dashboard (top) pad ? I
have consulted Tech Guides, and the '65 Body/Chassis manual with no luck.

Thanks,
Joe
Florida