<VV> What's squeaking?

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu May 25 20:39:29 EDT 2006

It has been suggested by a couple of people that my squeak may be a u-joint.  That could be because one of the things I did during my fault isolation session was to re-grease the u-joints and the squeaking was gone for most of the drive and it was a lot quieter when it did return.  I jammed those babies (both ends) with grease though so if that didn't quiet them down, they must be bad.  Now to my eyes they looked fine.  The grease that was in them was minimal and very thin.  I packed them with wheel bearing grease.  I'm going to re-look at them this weekend I guess. Along with going for a drive without wheel covers (I hope noone sees me) and checking the upper shock mount, the wheel welds and the parking brake cable.  It's gotta be something!!

mike