<VV> Belt on '65 Corsa - 7/16" or is 3/8" better?

Guus de Haan corvair at corvair.nl
Sat May 27 17:03:06 EDT 2006

Got a reaction on my belt jumping story. Our mutual conclusion was
that the problem could be that this is a 7/16 wide belt and that this
size is more prone to flipping. I can also imagine that a wider belt
will be harder to put on because the extra width requires a little
bit longer belt. Is the 3/8" wide belt indeed a better choice for
both problems? What is your experience?

11 PM here, hitting the sack now but looking forward to your replies ;-)

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Turbo-Charged Cvt