<VV> "Cars" - NO CORVAIR

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Sat May 27 21:53:27 EDT 2006

Last night, Kathie and I had the pleasure of attending the World
Premier of the new Dinsey - Pixar movie, "Cars" at Lowe's Motor
Speedway, in Charlotte. Our daughter was able to get free tickets for
us, her husband and their two-and-a-half-year-old. When this movie
comes to your town - drive; drive FAST to go and see it. I opens June
9th.

If you're not familiar with any of the previous Pixar animated movies,
such as "Finding Nemo", "The Incredibles", "Toy Story" and others,
you've really missed it. These are truly family entertainment that
people of any age will enjoy. For adults, there are many humerus things
that only an adult would understand. The animation is simply
incredible! In the case of "Cars", this is also true for "car guys",
that is, people who understand cars and some of the lore that goes with
them will get more out of this movie.

You'll get more out of seeing "Cars" if you do a little research
beforehand. First, you might want to view the previews, maybe more than
once. This is the kind of movie rich with hidden meanings and humor,
that you'll need more than one viewing to see them all.

Here's where the trailer is:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/index.html?
size=fullsize&mLeft=-43&mTop=380&trailerType=trailer

If you have trouble with that URL, try: http://tinyurl.com/rdw3p

You can also look at: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/cars/

Besides viewing the URL, you can dig around that site and learn more
about the characters.

One of my favorite things in the movie was what was shown on the map as
"Cadillac Range", I think it was. As you look at the trailer, can you
spot it? If not, go here for a clue"

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/TXAMAcadillac.html

Finally, you will like this movie if you like:

Paul Newman, cars, Hudsen Hornets, Bonnie Hunt, James Taylor... have we
covered everyone yet? On and by the way, if you think this movie is
just a bunch of electronic Disneyish fluff, it does have a meaning and
a moral, as you will see when you view it.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC