<VV> Progress once again!

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 23:43:42 EDT 2006

My back hurts, I have a headache, I have a big blood
blister on my thumbm and my hands are stained.

but.....

I changed out one of the carbs, took off the crank
pulley and installed a rebuilt harmonic balancer.  I
vacuumed every inche of the sob, and reconnected all
of the lights.

I took out all of the seats and carpet, and vacuumed
up massive ammounts of crud.  I did find a complete
mouse skeleton...that was kinda cool.

I took the horn ring, and some parts from the coupes
turn signal stuff and put all of that back together.
all is well there.

I put the new tires and freshly painted rims on the
sedan that I just had put on the coupe, and put the
new but undersized tires from the sedan onto the
coupe.

I installed both bumpers

Did a complete oil change (an NOS Atlas filter we had
laying around, and like 4 3/4 quarts of Valvoline
10/30.)

took off the distributor cap to see what was new
inside....the original dust cap is there and in almost
perfect shape.  new points, condenser and rotoe are
under the brand new cap, attatched to brand new plug
wires.

its my guess that this engine has been rebuilt at one
point.  for one thing, it has a LOT of new parts, and
also when I removed the drivers side carb, the intake
hole was 100% clean.  I mean, not a spec of carbon or
guck.  Most engines have at least something in there,
I would think..

I washed the car and scrubbed hard....twice.  the
water was dirty with all sorts of guck, but in the
end, the car looked a helluva lot better going out
than it did coming in! haha

Probably some other odds and ends that I missed, but
it was about 80 degrees and sunny all day, and being
dirty and sweaty and wearing jeans and a dark shirt
don't really help!

Tomorrow I'm going to rustoleum the floor.  a paint
brush and a can of black.  that way I can put it on
thick.

The cars underside is beauitful....the car was
undercoated beautifully sometime in its life, so there
is almost no rusty stuff to speak of.

Whoever had the car liked driving it, and from what I
can see, took damn good care of it.

I can't wait to make the car Evening Orchid again!

Here's some pictures....

http://www.edselmotors.com/vair2pics.html

Ryan V. in Bovey, MN
65 Coupe(dead)