<VV> Early Model Batteries

vairdan at localnet.com vairdan at localnet.com
Sun May 28 23:53:05 EDT 2006

  I watched an early model Delco battery go for around $75 last week
on Ebay. I ordered the same battery from my local Delco supplier not
too long ago for $55, up from the previous one 5 years earlier for
$53. Decca I believe still makes the Group 53 for a few $$ less than
the Delco 557A but hey, its a Delco. I must say I'm working on my 4th
year of this 2 year battery maybe its lasting because of the new Jump
Box I bought expecting it to go. Anyways guys, The ebayer said that
Delco is no longer making this battery. Maybe, but I hopes not. I
could not get the interstate battery guy to find a group 53. Any
other mfg's out there that make the 53? Other than New Castle Battery
for the $180 tar top.

  Vair Dan