<VV> 1960 battery

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon May 29 16:26:52 EDT 2006

At 09:25 hours 05/29/2006, MarPack57 at aol.com wrote:
>I have two 60's but they share one battery. Got my group 53 locally at a
>battery only place. It's a Trojan Commercial made in Santa Fe
>Springs CA. and was
>about $65.00. Guy told me certain forklifts use them.
>   Ed in Fla

Yep...  local Exide outlet keeps a steady stream of "fork lift"
batteries around for the warehouses around here.    The trouble is
that I've not had a lot of luck with these Exide batteries, didn't
really last that long.     I've had better luck with the 51s I get
from Auto Zone and Advance etc.

I even gave some fleeting thought to gutting an old tar-top 53 and
seeing if it was possible to stuff it with the innards (after some
mods of course) from a 51, just to see if it could be done.

...ever try to dismantle a modern car battery?    ;)

tony..