<VV> TinkTink.........T-T-T-Tink

Scott Candish scandish at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 29 20:36:07 EDT 2006

Interesting development. I put a 1/32 washer under the upper belt guide to raise up the bolt tips which I suspected were hitting the fan. Took it out for a spin & heated up the engine. By the time I got back, the fan was hitting the bosses on the inside of the roaster. I discovered that by putting the side of my crescent wrench on the belt at the upper guide, I could quiet down the tink. By pressing down on the guide bolt heads I can make the tink insanely loud. I suspect the roaster is low at that point. Is there a spec for the roaster to fan clearance?? Will a loose belt cause the blower fan to rise?

  Scott

  '65 Corsa
  UNSAYF