<VV> Camshaft

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Mon May 29 20:53:02 EDT 2006

Hi all. This engine had a lifter tick before I tore it down to the
crankcase, the one that eventually went. I did not split the crankcase, did
a visual on the cam, looked fine. No measurements. Crank measured right on
for standard rod bearings. I installed ALL new lifters. Coated them in moly
grease and ran the engine at 2000 rpm for 20-25 min. I also used
non-detergant oil per instructions from a vendor that was included with the
new rings for break-in.

I'm actually enjoying reading all of the comments on cams and lifters.

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine