<VV> Convertible top drains

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Tue May 30 09:38:30 EDT 2006

Anil;

I have no idea what the rectangular trays are for. The channel inside the quarter panel (below the rear quarter windows) is where the water will drain. At the rear end of these channels there are drain holes on the inside edge (ie they drain towards the middle of the car). There are no drain holes in the bottom of the channels.

>From the factory these channels have a little dribble of sloppily applied sealer. I chipped it all out, cleaned the bottom of the channel, then thinned seam sealer with paint thinner until it was barely pourable. I poured seam sealer into the bottom of the channel and spread it into a thin (1/8"?) even coat, ensuring the drains weren't blocked.

Les
1965 Canadian Corsa Cvt, 140/4
Message: 6