<VV> F NADER license

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 10:56:51 EDT 2006

Hey John,
Tell them no.
They issued it and it passed whatever review they
provide. It isn't recognized as offensive to the
general populace, and the fact that no one has
complained in five years proves that. You are not
accountable for what some whiner thinks your license
plate means.
Personally, a lot of the personalized plates I see are
just plain stupid, if you can even figure them out.
But that doesn't give me the right to complain about
them, any more than I can complain about idiots still
driving around with election bumper stickers.
Tell them no and make THEM act.  In the face of
looking so stupid as to act five years down the road,
they probably will back off. If they do, I propose you
elevate this one to the state's attorney, so they can
look even more stupid.  I'll gladly help you round up
evidence of how often this [late's been issued in
other states (precedence).
Don't forget--it is up to them to prove you are doing
something wrong (known in legal circles as the
NANNERNANNERNANNER precedent).
If they succeed in taking it away from you, you now
have a new hobby.  Every time you can twist a
personalized plate into something even remotely
salacious (love that word). get on the horn and make
them hassle the owner. If they refuse, you can
complain to the state about bias and the notion that
they use their power to impose other people's personal
malfunctions on you.

Chuck Kubin
BS, MS, PhD, HMFIC, LSMFT
The defense rests