<VV> RE: F Nader plate

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue May 30 12:20:00 EDT 2006

Hey, what are they going to do, track you down and come and get them?
And I will be willing to bet money that they will want you to pay them to
turn it in and pay for a new plate as well.

About 5 years ago, I got a letter from the Genessee County Clerks office.
Note I live in Niagara County. Seems I have 3 sets of license plates on my
cars with the letters "GS" followed by a dash and a number. These plates
were issued in Genesee County and the County clerk wants those plates to
only be used by county residents. Just so happens that my initials are "GS"
so I actually had these from years ago as they fall under the category of
"vintage plates", and are proper by state law to be used on vintage cars.

I called the county clerks office as the letter gave me 30 days to turn in
these 3 sets of plates. I of course could only speak to some drone
repeating the company line and didn't care that what I had to say. Also
found out I would have to pay them to turn these plates in and they had no
"vintage plates" to give me I would have to locate my own at my own
expense.............I pointed out the vintage plates I owned were mine and
not the property of Genesee County..........they didn't care.
After a few more unkind words on my part..........I hung up.
The plates are still on my cars as they never came to get them..........

Gary Swiatowy