<VV> Corvair technical style drawings

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 31 20:02:22 EDT 2006

Hi guys. I'm drawing up some technical style drawings for a late
model coupe.
I am assuming that something like this is not available anywhere.
I'm having a bit of trouble and maybe someone can help.
For anyone interested I'll email a copy of the first drawing. The
side view.
I'll create top, side, front and back illustrations.

I'm having trouble with a few measurements. I started with a side
view photo of  a late coupe and traced it and then went outside and
started measuring my Monza.
The top of the car is 48.5" from center top edge of windshield to the
top cent of the back window. The length of the windshield from top
center to center windshield rail is 21.25". Back window top to bottom
center is 26.25".

I am having trouble with my location of the bottom center of the
windshield. The top is level with the top of the side window, which
is 13.625" up from the top of the door. I'm using the front edge of
the door and the ridge line as the center point for all my
measurements.  I think my problem is that I have the bottom edge of
the window and the hood centerline too tall. The trouble is that I
can't figure out how to get a good measurement elevation wise to
locate that spot.

Anyone interested in the side view just let me know.

BTW- it is drawn at 100% so I'll reduce it to to 25%

-Cash

Cash Case, Art guy -
Home phone: 972-444-8531

"English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys,
knocks them over, and goes through their
pockets for loose grammar."