<VV> Collector Car Insurance with no Garage

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Wed Nov 1 11:42:09 EST 2006

I wonder if your storage problem could be solved with a simple car cover?
Some of the zoning laws simply state the car must be kept out of view, a car
cover can do that. And technically, if the town or city needs to verify what
is under the car, they may need a warrant to search under the cover without
your permission. There are also those temporary tent type garages available
that can work out quite nicely and are much cheaper than paying for storage.

You could also add the car to your collector car policy and register it. If
it gets stolen though, or damaged, it may raise a question why it was stored
outdoors. You could always say that it was parked outside for a few days so
you could work inside the garage on another project.

I do know of one instance where an "offending" car, actually a race car that
was normally stored in a garage, was complained about if it was parked
outside so the owner could work on his daily driver. Within minutes of him
parking it outside, the police would be there. Problem solved when he parked
it on his legally registered trailer...................much to the neighbors
dismay.

Gary Swiatowy

>> From: RoboMan91324 at aol.com
>> Subject: <VV> Collector Car Insurance with no Garage