<VV> Use of Toasted PG

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 10:24:34 EST 2006

For all you automatic transmission experts out there.  I have a PG from a '65
Monza that was overheated by a tow truck operator (Despite written
instructions he towed the car from the mechanic to the paint shop with the rear wheels
down and the shift cable loose so it was probably in gear.  The mechanic called
me to let me know the car was on the way, but being towed incorrectly and I
caught up the to tow truck a few miles from the body shop where he had stopped
because of the clouds of smoke from the cooked tranny).  I'm tempted to just
scrap the PG, but maybe it is worth keeping until I have the time to rebuild it
in a few years (then I'll be able to say "all the serial numbers match:)" if
I put it back in the car).

Anyone out there rebuilt a tranny that overheated this badly?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa
2 '68 Monzas
(and the '65 Monza conv. I sold but still store for friends in the
Netherlands)