<VV> Engine Planning Stage

phil.wiley at insightbb.com phil.wiley at insightbb.com
Wed Nov 1 21:48:02 EST 2006

Thanks to all who responded to my question about the 304 GM cam. I have a few more questions and would appreciate any advice.
I am using a set of the TRW Forged Pistons that are .060 over bore. Is it ok to use steel rings?
The 140 heads I will be using has had the gasket surface milled  flat, about .070. I plan on using the copper head gaskets that are standard. Will I have any valve clearance problems using a camshaft with .440 lift? ISKY 270. Is there a problem with using standard length push rods? Anything else I should check?
Thanks

Phil