<VV> turn my crank

Gary Moore tdrinkr at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 20:54:23 EST 2006

The machine shop called today and said my crankshaft
was need of turning. The problems he had found
corresponded to the problems that I saw when I tore
down the engine. The bearings in first journal were
discolored and #2 piston rod didn't want to separate
from the crank. So I think the guy was telling the
truth.  My question is, and I will be showing my
ignorance here, what is done when a crankshaft is
turned? And what are the consequences of doing this?
I.e. will over-sized bearings be needed?