<VV> turn my crank

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Nov 3 13:54:09 EST 2006

Guys
I hadn't been following this one very closely.

Any machine shop worth its salt should have no problems turning a  Corvair
Crankshaft.

When the EUM engine build went south, I took the crank to a machine shop
(dad and son) who does lots of work on dirt track cars, but my boss told me
they used to own a Turbo Spyder.
They looked at me and said, Hey, a Corvair crank--Sure we can.

The put in the align jig and said it wasn't bent, but it needed to have the
journals polished, which they did.  If they would have had to turn it I
don't see where they would have had a problem.

6K miles since the re-rebuild, and Lon can testify- I'ts a pretty peppy
motor.  Haven't had any problems with it.

Hank