<VV> Dash light with alternator

RKB rkbyers at verizon.net
Sat Nov 4 22:40:17 EST 2006

I want to apologize in advance for this question. I realize that I have seen the answer to this question before, but I cannot find it in my Corvair data.
I just installed an alternator where the generator was in my 62 Monza and the generator light stays on.  I used an alternator with a new external regulator from a 65, I think.  Would someone please direct me to the information regarding this swap or tell me how to get the light to operate as it should?  I would like to get it working properly before Monday.
Thanks,

Ron Byers
Largo, FL