<VV> Corvairs in the National Post - my reply

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 16:19:06 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/6/2006 12:46:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:

Concerning Nader's work of fiction: I always said that Nader's style  of
writing was so dry that nobody could stay awake past the first  chapter.
Hence, everyone thought the entire book was about the Corvair.  LOL!

-Mark

stan east wrote:

> Firstly, having  several copies of Ralph Nader's book (one copy of which is
> signed by  the author); I take exception to the comment that the entire book
> was  about the Corvair. Comments like this lead one to believe the writer
of
> the article has not read Ralph's book. In fact Chapter 1 is about  the
> Corvair and the other chapters are about auto safety or  manufacturer and
> dealer mis-management from all North American  manufacturers during the
> fifties and early sixties. When is one  chapter and entire book?

It's been years since I read the book but I used to know more than I do now
about the auto industry and when I read the whole book, it was full of
half-truths and distortion, designed to influence Congressional action to
straight-jacket the car companies; unfortunately, it worked (may Nader's soul,  if he
has any, roast eternally in Hell.) The stuff he defecated into print  in the
rest of the book was just as bad as what he wrote about the 'Vair.(Pure  B.S.)

Scotty