<VV> Are you tired of...

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Nov 6 23:18:23 EST 2006

Right !

Actually, using 2 IDs, one to sell an item, and another to bid on your own
item, to jack the price up.
It's called "shill bidding" (or "shield bidding") and is quite frowned upon
and can get you exiled from the eBay community if someone even accuses you
of doing this.

I've seen many bids retracted after "exposing" the "reserve price" and eBay
seems to allow this with the shallowest of excuses like, "I entered the
wrong amount,' or "I forgot to enter the decimal point" !

I use eBay to see what kinds of Corvair items, from cars to model cars, and
literature, etc, are out there, and to see if anything piques me enough to
actually get involved.

Be careful not to get caught up in it, though, and end up bidding too high
just because you "gotta have it" after someone else jumped you by $1, so you
go another $1, and soon it's $50 !

Then you find out what "buyer's remorse" is all about !

It's fun if you can afford to throw money away, otherwise, snipe it !!!!