<VV> The Latest Tire Survey

bowtieguy at cox.net bowtieguy at cox.net
Wed Nov 8 10:20:36 EST 2006

Next spring it will be time to replace my Diamondback Classic 1" white wall tires after 8 years. Exhaustive searches on the internet and research have lead me to the following choices. I do realize that some of these tires are made by the same manufacturers.

Cooper Trendsetter SE
Toyo 800 Ultra
Kumho AS 795
Hankook H714
Firestone FR380
Dayton Quadra SE
Peerless President ll
Kelly Springfield
Hercules
Winston
Lee

Please express your opinion, positive or negative, about these tires and why you would or would not buy them. This is an 8 year lasting investment and while the whitewall look is nice, safety, handling and ride quality matter too.

Thanks,

Bob Vukas
bowtieguy at cox.net
'64 Monza Convertible