<VV> Running issue solved

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 11:17:56 EST 2006

Thought I would share my most recent adventure. I had some running issues
with the Corsa the other day. Didn't want to idle, sputtering while trying
to drive, plain ole wasn't running good. It would run fine until it warmed
up, about 5 min. or so than start running crappy. I happened to check the
voltage at the battery, was only getting 12.2 volts.....  Than I checked the
voltage at the alternator, bouncing between 18.2 to 20.1 volts!  I checked
the voltage from the alt with the regulator bypassed, 24 volts! I was
getting 20 volts directly to the Pertronix...... no wonder it was running
crappy..... Doesn't look like it was harmed in any way, I hope. I had an old
alternator and voltage regulator from the 66 parts car I had and threw those
on. Runs MUCH better!!  And getting correct voltage. Amazing what too little
or too much electricity will do.

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.