<VV> Something strange.... and thanks....

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 00:11:03 EST 2006

Hey guys and gals,
I saw something I'm not quite sure of and may need some more info on... but
let me set up the background story first.
I've been talking back and forth with a new acquaintance if mine, a soldier
stationed up at Ft Knox who has a 1963 Monza convertible... he told me he
bought  it while he was in Hawaii, and that it was used in a failed TV series
(supposedly only 5 or 6 episodes ever made it to the air) and the  series was
called "Hawaii"... anyway, the car is a "sky blue" with white top and
interior... . The car has MANY coats on it, including yellow, red, dark  blue and green
under all that... but what has me wondering is the fact that the  front of the
car is a 61, while the back of the car is a 63... inside the trunk  is a
60-61 style single speed wiper motor and a 61 master cylinder (with just  the
little plug showing, not the whole MC)... the Fisher Body Tag shows it is a  "VN"
(Van Nuys) car from 63, as does the VIN start with "3" and have the  "L" in
the number... the body tag shows a build date of 02D, but it looks like  the
body number is 15... which I believe is rather strange... the VIN shows it  being
L115439 (or something like that)...
We had it on a lift today out at Ft Knox (I was helping him patch his PG
cable where it's been leaking, and advising him to put rear springs on it)... I
couldn't see any weld marks underneath, and I've not been around enough EM
'verts to know what's right and what's wrong. I just wonder how much is 61 and
how much is 63.... and I know there were no 61 'verts...
Any other signs of what is 61 and what is 63? I know the glove box door is
61, as is the dash (holes for choke cable assm).... but I can't see where 61
ends and 63 begins...
The engine is a LM 110 RH code....
Anyway, if there's any way to make sure (besides dropping the front
crossmember) let me know... it's not a bad car...
BTW, how hard is it to replace the rear springs in an EM?
Also, he had what looked to be EM shocks with a small coil-helper spring
attached... I'd never seen any before... anyone familiar with those? They were
white, but no "Gabriel" markings that I could see...
Anyway, any extra info would be helpful.
Thanks a bunch...
Oh, and it just so happens that I want to THANK all those whom have served
your country in the Armed Forces (Army, AF, USMC & USN), Reserves, National
Guard and Coast Guard... sincerely, thanks... especially now. I also want to
thank those who are currently serving... I know you're out there, and your
safety and well being is in my prayers. I'm not just talking USA here, but I
extend this salute to our ALLIES to the north and across the big pond as well.
May you find a blessing in Veterans Day, and I want to leave you with two quotes
 from one of my favorite Generals from history.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He  won it by making the
other poor dumb bastard die for his country.  "

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men  who died. Rather we should thank
God that such men lived."

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Thanks....
Lonzo....
US Army 1985-1988

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg