<VV> Advice for fathers of 16 yr olds ... no Corvair ..

Dominator corvair at home-town.biz
Sat Nov 11 09:42:03 EST 2006

Ken, I agree but my experience was if I wanted to drive I had to buy my own
car.  It was a Ford Pinto Coupe and it had 7 different colors.  I picked it
up for $100 and just put plates on it.  I drove it until the engine went out
a year & 1/2 later.  Unlike my 2 bothers and sister who managed to go
through 7 Chevy Citations, a Pontiac wagon, 1 F150 pick-up and 1 Fiat all in
one summer.  They learned their lessons after that.  To be fair, not all of
them where their faults.  You could say that I learned by example.  Every
car I have ever had I sold in better condition than when I bought it except
for one which was rear ended and totaled out.

I am of the mind set that if my daughter wants to drive a car that she will
have to invest in what ever mode of transportation she wants to drive.  More
responsibility that way but she is only 3 at present.  I will have plenty of
time to think it over.

Dominique