<VV> Advice for fathers of 16 yr olds ... no Corvair ..

Connie Brummer hanssmom at cox.net
Sat Nov 11 09:54:26 EST 2006

< I am of the mind set that if my daughter wants to drive a car that she
will
have to invest in what ever mode of transportation she wants to drive.  >

I was given a 1969 Mustang for my 15th birthday by my stepdad. (had school
driving permit at 15)  Lots of Bondo, idle problems, but beautiful. White
with blue interior.  I loved the car but then I started to display typical
rebellious teenage girl behavior.  The Mustang was promptly sold and I was
given a train wreck of a Vega.  It leaked so much oil I put used oil in it
by the gallon and had to change the spark plugs every week.  Definitely
motivated me to "earn" some decent wheels.

Connie
Appreciator of the work ethic required to
drive decent wheels.