<VV> dash lights

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sun Nov 12 18:27:34 EST 2006

Quick question, I think.

I am about to replace my Monza dash with a Corsa dash.  I have the correct
dash wiring harness, but the bulbs that came with it were a miss-match.  I
have the following bulbs according to the 65 shop manual.

Turn/high beam indicators 1445
Temp/pressure/gen         1895
Instruments               1816

Here is the question.  The 1445's and the 1895's fit fine.  But the 1816's
appear to be too large.  The 1445's and the 1895's are perfectly round, the
1816's are longer and more cylindrical, and they bind against the plastic
inside the housing.  Has the size and shape of this bulb changed over the
last 40 years?  Or does the Corsa take a different bulb than the Monza?

Thanks,
Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY